Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Costagrande Withdraws...

We have mixed feelings. Happy coz she made a very smart choice to think of her health first. Sad coz we won't get to see her playing for Italy. 

Argentinian turned Italian CAROLINA COSTAGRANDE has withdrawn from the Italian National team & will miss the World Champs. (We bet Piccinini is happy! Jk!) She released a very long statement to put us to sleep explain & defend herself.



Costagrande's Statement:

"The decision to undress the national team after a month of withdrawal was painful, but it was the best given my physical condition and the general state of maturity. When I got the call from Massimo Barbolini, I was following a preparatory program aimed to get in shape at the beginning of the Russian League, which like the Italian will start after the World Cup in late November, at the same time, I was implementing a recovery program after an inflamed right knee. 


From the beginning, my participation in the World Cup was therefore a gamble, that is my part by the National Assembly. We said that we tried to restrict the time of my recovery so I arrived in good shape for the World Cup, and for me that is from the staff of the National's commitment because this was the best bet was won. Unfortunately, this did not happen: come to the threshold of the last friendly before the official competition, not having been able to take part in races and still not feeling quite right physically, I turned to Dr.. Zini of Pesaro, who follows me for five years and has set my recovery program, which he shared my concern and I have consulted, in accordance with the staff, prof. Ferretti of Rome, which held early my participation in a competition so intense rhythms and high-level, given the risk of affecting the course of the next season. 

Considering the commitments made by the company prior to the convening of Dynamo Moscow in the national and especially listening to the feelings that I experienced in the field during practice, I thought it appropriate to follow the advice of two doctors who came to see me. This has meant that the decision was perhaps a little 'easier, but no less painful: I had a wonderful experience within the group of the National, I was followed every day by all the staff who did everything to keep my time and to allow me to take part in the World, and is a great disappointment to leave the team after such a short time. On the other hand, I would not be useful for the national team without being 100%: I wanted to give my full contribution to this group, but it is not possible I think right that other athletes who have toiled all summer for this purpose can fight for the chance to do well in this important competition. I therefore a great good luck to the team that has faced great sacrifices during this preparation and that really deserves to get what wants. 

Finally, I thank Massimo Barbolini, who has fully accepted and respected my decision: the doors are open on both sides, and only time will tell if this month in blue was just a wonderful experience marks the entrance or in a group which I will return one day to join, even if my contribution will be very important. "

(From Pallavoliamo.IT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment